Use of the website by candidates
1. To process your application as efficiently as possible, Robert Half Switzerland collects and stores your relevant personal data (received i.a. through interviews, tests, CVs, testimonials, references, ID cards, extracts from police records and this questionnaire). This data includes your identity, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, salary and other expectations, education, further education and training, professional career, skills, location (region), professional experience and health – hereinafter referred to as “personal data”.
2. Information about your health and/or legal/criminal record is only recorded and stored if this is required to assess your suitability for the position (placement through staffing service or as interim manager or temporary agency worker). Compliance with the relevant legal requirements is guaranteed.
3. If you disclose information about third parties to Robert Half Switzerland, Robert Half Switzerland assumes that these third parties have given their consent for the data to be disclosed to Robert Half Switzerland and that this consent also covers the collection, storage and forwarding of this data by Robert Half Switzerland. Robert Half Switzerland also assumes that you do not infringe any contractual or legal obligations in disclosing this information about third parties.
4. Robert Half Switzerland processes personal data ONLY for the purposes of assessing your suitability for a position, providing private employment agency services (staffing services, interim management or provision of temporary agency workers), drawing up statistics, requesting references and complying with regulations. Robert Half Switzerland will disclose your personal data to clients only in the context of providing private employment agency services (staffing services, interim management or provision of temporary agency workers).
5. In the context of providing private employment agency services (staffing services, interim management or provision of temporary agency workers), Robert Half Switzerland also offers its clients an (anonymized) candidate search service (candidate browsing) on its website. For these purposes, the following personal data is shown on the website of Robert Half Switzerland: your skills, your location (region), your professional experience and your education.
Use of the website by clients of Robert Half Switzerland
1. To process your staffing request as efficiently as possible and provide the contractual services, Robert Half Switzerland collects, stores, processes and uses your relevant personal data and company data. Personal data and company data is processed exclusively to perform the service requested and to protect our own legitimate business interests.
2. We also collect, store, process and use your personal data and company data to initiate, conduct and terminate contractual relationships, to provide private employment agency services (staffing services, interim management or provision of temporary agency workers), to inform you about our products and services, to contact you or maintain contact with you, to implement management interests or to comply with legal or administrative orders or other legal obligations or to defend against or enforce legal claims.
1. For client relationship management purposes, it may also be necessary for us or a service provider commissioned by us to use personal data or company data to inform you about product offers or conduct online surveys in order to improve our services and to better meet the requirements of our clients and candidates.
Robert Half Switzerland will disclose your personal data and company data to clients or candidates only in the context of providing private employment agency services (staffing services, interim management or provision of temporary agency workers).
a) We will disclose personal data and company data to our clients and candidates in all cases where this is necessary and appropriate for the provision of services in the context of private employment agency services (staffing services, interim management or provision of temporary agency workers).
b) We may disclose personal data and company data to companies and individuals we commission or employ to provide business functions or services on our behalf. Such functions may, for example, include hosting web servers, analyzing data or providing legal, accounting or marketing services. We may disclose personal data and company data to government agencies, courts, advisors and other third parties to the extent necessary or appropriate in order to comply with applicable law or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (i) comply with the law requiring such disclosure, (ii) protect the rights or property of Robert Half Switzerland or its affiliated companies, (iii) prevent a crime or protect national security or (iv) protect the safety of the users of this website or of the general public.
Personal data and company data may also be disclosed in countries which do not have a level of data protection equivalent to that in force in Switzerland. In this case, Robert Half Switzerland will contractually ensure the protection of the data disclosed. Robert Half Switzerland has adopted the necessary measures to prevent unauthorized access to your data by third parties. Although these measures have been implemented, it cannot be entirely ruled out under all circumstances that unauthorized third parties may gain access to your data.
Our clients and candidates have assured us that they have adopted adequate security measures to protect this data.
5. Data collection and processing when accessing our website: When you visit our website, our web servers will temporarily store each access in a log file. The following data may be recorded and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the accessing computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Data volume transmitted
- Notification of whether retrieval was successful
- Data identifying the browser system/operating system used
- Website from which access is made
- Name of your Internet access provider
This data is processed for the following purposes:
- To enable the use of our website (establishing the connection)
- In the context of system security and technical administration of the network infrastructure
- To optimize our web presence
The visitor’s IP address will only be analyzed in case of attacks on the network infrastructure of Robert Half Switzerland. Personal data and company data will only be processed in the cases described above, unless you expressly consent to further processing.
6. Robert Half Switzerland may also use personal data and company data to send you information about the products and services provided by Robert Half Switzerland. Robert Half Switzerland may contact you by e-mail, telephone or fax to send surveys, newsletters and invitations to business events (direct marketing).
- to request references for you from the people you have indicated;
- to be contacted via e-mail, telephone or fax for direct marketing purposes.
If you do not agree with this Policy, you should refrain from further accessing the website of Robert Half Switzerland and any other pages of the Robert Half Switzerland website.
By giving your consent, you also declare that the data you have provided is complete and accurate. In the event of any changes relating to your data, you confirm that you will inform Robert Half Switzerland of these changes without delay.
8. In individual cases, Robert Half Switzerland may make decisions based exclusively on automated processing (including profiling). Robert Half Switzerland will inform you accordingly and adopts appropriate measures to protect your rights and freedoms as well as your legitimate interests.
9. If you wish to exercise your right to consult or change your data, have further questions regarding the processing of your data or wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data for the future, wish to receive your data in a structured, common and machine-readable format, or wish to transmit it to another person responsible to the extent that this is technically feasible and does not interfere with the rights and freedoms of other persons, or exercise your rights regarding automated decisions (including profiling), please contact: Robert Half GmbH, reference: Data protection, Bahnhofplatz 9, 8001 Zürich OR send an e-mail to the Data Protection Officer.
10. Data Protection Officer: Sofie Audenaert, priv[email protected], +32 2 481 54 51, Stationsstraat 34 B1, 1702 Groot-Bijgaarden, Belgium.
12. Google+ button, Facebook like button, Twitter button, LinkedIn button, XING button and others (social plug-ins): Our website uses the plug-ins of providers such as:
- Google+, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 in the USA. The Google+ plug-in is shown as a white logo with a red “G 1”.
- Facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304 in the USA. The Facebook plug-in is shown as a blue logo with a white letter “f”.
- twitter.com, operated by Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107 in the USA (“Twitter”). The plug-in is shown with the Twitter logo or the words “Follow us on Twitter”.
- linkedin.com, provided and operated by LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043 in the USA (“LinkedIn”). The plug-in is shown as the LinkedIn logo with the lettering “Join Our Community”.
- XING, operated by XING AG, Dammtorstraße 29-32, 20354 Hamburg in Germany. The plug-in is shown as a white logo with the letter “X” in varying shades of green.
Please note that the plug-ins for Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, XING and others are installed on our website. When clicking one of these buttons, the respective plug-in creates a direct connection with Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, XING and others. The content of the plug-in you use is directly transmitted to your browser by Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn,Twitter, XING and others. The content of the data transmitted by these plug-ins lies outside the scope of our control. Nevertheless, we would like to inform you which data is transmitted to Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, XING and others according to our current understanding.
When you use the plug-ins mentioned above, that is when you click the respective buttons, the information that you have accessed specific pages of our website is transmitted to the servers of Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, XING and others. For users who are at the same time logged in to, for example, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, XING and others, this means that their usage data is allocated to their personal account. When you use the buttons, that is the plug-ins of Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, XING and others, by e.g. making a comment or a post, your browser directly sends this information to Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, XING and others and it is stored there. Even if you are not a member of these social networks, it may be possible that Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, XING and others identify and store your IP.
To find out the purpose and scope of the collection, processing and use of your data and to learn about your rights and the setting options to protect your privacy, please consult the social network providers’ privacy policies at:
- Google+: a href="http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/">http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/policy.php
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy?_l=de_DE
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/privacy
- XING: https://www.xing.com/privacy
If you do not agree with Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, XING and others collecting data about you through our website, please log out of Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, XING and others before visiting our website. You may also use add-ons to block the plug-ins of Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, XING and others for your browser.
13. Use of Google Analytics and Google DoubleClick cookies: This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, i.e. text files that are stored on your computer and allow analysis of how you use this website. The information created by the cookie about your usage of this website is normally transmitted to and stored on a server operated by Google in the USA.
If IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will, however, prior to transmission truncate your IP address in member states of the European Union or in other signatories to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will your complete IP address be transmitted to a server operated by Google in the US and truncated there. By commission of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your usage of this website, to compile reports about website activities and to provide additional services connected with the usage of this website and Internet usage for the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics is not consolidated with other data collected by Google.
You may block the storing of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser software; please be informed that by doing so you may not be able to fully use all functions of this website. Furthermore, you may block the recording and processing of data generated by the cookie regarding your usage of this website (including your IP address) by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in provided under this link: Google.
DoubleClick cookies are used to evaluate how this website is used. To this end, reports about the website activities are compiled for Robert Half Switzerland to allow Robert Half Switzerland to align its website content to your specific requirements. DoubleClick cookies do not contain any personal data. Sometimes the cookie contains an additional, anonymized identifier to identify a campaign to which a user was previously exposed. It is therefore impossible to draw conclusions about the online activities of a specific person. DoubleClick cookies use a pseudonymous identification number allocated to your browser that is used to check the display and access of advertisements. This allows Google and its partner websites to serve ads based on your previous visit to Robert Half pages or other websites. Google transmits the information generated by DoubleClick cookies to a server located in the United States of America and stores them on that server. Google complies with data protection provisions. Data is transmitted to third parties only subject to legal provisions or for commissioned data processing. By using the Robert Half Switzerland website, you consent to the use of the above-mentioned data and its processing by Google as described above.
You may at any time withdraw your consent to the tracking web analysis for the future or deactivate the DoubleClick cookie. You can download the add-in for your browser from the respective Google websites and install it. If you use several devices or browsers, you need to install the opt-out on each device or browser.
Opt-out: Deactivate cookies
Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout