Q: What do I have to consider when visiting a Robert Half office and what actions have you taken to minimize the potential health and business impacts of COVID-19?
In response to COVID-19, Robert Half has implemented a number of new procedures around social distancing, maximum occupancy, hygiene and cleaning practices.
For anyone entering to the office, they will be asked to observe the following important guidelines:
- Please wear a mask, that covers your mouth and nose, in all areas of the office and within the building.
- Ensuring the 1,5 metre social distancing rules are maintained whilst in all areas of the office, meeting rooms and shared areas.
- Follow the recommended hygiene guidelines (e.g. thorough hand washing).
- If you have been in contact with anyone who have coronavirus, or if you are feeling unwell before your meeting, please do contact us and we’ll arrange a virtual meeting instead.
- As a precaution we do not provide any food or writing materials - so please feel free to bring your own drink, for example.
- If you belong to the group of "particularly vulnerable persons", please let us know in advance.
Should you have any questions on these requirements, please contact your contact person at Robert Half.
Q: What protective measures can I take to prevent possible contraction of COVID-19?
Follow the guidelines, which are published on the website of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH):
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- When in public places, wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze by either sneezing into your elbow or with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- It is also a good idea to avoid close contact with people in a business setting, e.g., shaking hands. You may inform the individual that while you respect business protocol, you think it is a good idea to avoid hand shaking while this outbreak is happening.
Important for our Robert Half temporary working on assignment or deployed on a project:
Q: What are the rules for returning to or starting to work at the recruiting company for the first time?
Your health and safety are important to us. As the governments of Germany and Switzerland gradually begin to relax the coronavirus lockdown restrictions and want to make it safe for workers to return to work, we would like to remind you of the following measures, the purpose of which is to minimize the risk of infection for you and others when you return to work or start working at your recruiting company.
Please comply with the instructions and guidance that apply in the recruiting company. They should be communicated to you by your contact person there.
You can find out which hygiene and work health and safety measures need to be observed here in the leaflet.
Q: What if I test positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Do not report to work if you are on an assignment or project. Call your contact person at Robert Half immediately and let us know you have tested positive for COVID-19, and you will receive further guidance.
Contact your Staffing Professional, and they will communicate with the client directly.
Q: What if I may have been exposed at my worksite to someone who tested positive for COVID-19?
Please contact your local Robert Half office immediately and tell your Staffing Professional that you believe you’ve been exposed at your worksite to someone who tested positive for COVID-19. You’ll be given further guidance.
Q: What if I feel sick? What should I do?
Your health and wellbeing are of the utmost importance. Contact your local Robert Half office or Staffing Professional if you are sick, do not report to work, or if at work, go home immediately. Seek medical attention as soon as possible. If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, stay home until you have recovered and have been medically cleared to return to work. Your Staffing Professional will inform the client about your availability and when you are able to return to work.
Q: What if I’m asked to travel internationally for my assignment?
Travel is suspended to all countries noted on the Federal Office of Public Health and on the World Health Organization restricted lists, and based on the latest government advisories and notifications. Countries with travel notices change frequently. Robert Half is monitoring these notices and you are encouraged to do so too.
If you are comfortable travelling, follow the travel guidelines on the Federal Office of Public Health website. If you are not comfortable travelling, you are not required to go. Contact your local Robert Half office and let them know you have been asked to travel and you do not feel comfortable doing so. We will work with the client regarding your concerns.
Q: What if the client asks me to travel domestically for my assignment?
If a business trip requires you to travel well beyond your regular daily commute, requires air-travel, an overnight stay or extended travel on mass-transit, and you are not comfortable doing so, please contact us. Inform your local Robert Half office or Staffing Professional that you have been asked to travel and you do not feel comfortable doing so. We will work with the client regarding your concerns.
Q: What if I’ve taken a personal trip or vacation and travelled to or from another country, should I inform Robert Half or the client?
If you travelled to a country without Federal Office of Public Health or WHO (World Health Organization) travel restrictions, and you are not experiencing any illness or symptoms, you are not required to communicate information about your travel.
If you have recently visited a country or area under travel restrictions by the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) and the World Health Organization (WHO), please contact your Robert Half representative for more information before returning to your assignment location.