Robert Half is the world´s first and today's largest specialized recruitment company for professionals and executives in the area of
- Finance and Accounting
- Banking and Financial Services
- IT and Technology
- as well as Administrative.
We are committed to more than just bringing companies and employees together: We want to actively contribute to the development of our client companies and candidates and are dedicated to ethical values.
Due to our specialization in selected industries, we can offer you an individual, tailor-made service and better assess your needs. The goal: to find qualified employees for companies, matching your budget and requirements, and to quickly and easily find suitable jobs for candidates, exactly matching their skills, work experience and preferences.
As a leading specialized recruitment agency, our mission is:
- to help companies grow by leveraging the talent of their specialized workforce.
- to advise and place professionals and managers according to their needs and qualifications in a way that advances their careers.
- to create a work environment where employees can develop and contribute to innovation.
- to assume social responsibility.
Our awards as a recruitment agency
We give our best for our customers, candidates and employees. For this, the Handelszeitung, Statista and Le Temps have named us "Best Personnel Service Provider 2021" in Switzerland. We were particularly convincing to recruiters and candidates in the quality of our service, the proposed selection, the communication and fast placement.
Company history - From New York to the whole world
Founded in 1948, Robert Half has a long history of connecting opportunities at great companies with highly skilled jobseekers. Bolstered by the strength of our brand, our people, our technology and our professional business model, we find meaningful and exciting employment for the people we place and provide clients access to the specialised talent they need to help grow their businesses.
We pioneered the idea of professional talent solutions nearly 70 years ago and, as the needs of businesses have evolved, so have we. In 1986, when current leadership acquired the Robert Half business from founder Bob Half, the staffing industry was much different than it is today.
There are more than 300 Robert Half locations worldwide and in Switzerland we have offices in Zurich and in Geneva. Local businesses of all sizes turn to Robert Half for our personalised recruitment approach and unprecedented access to the most qualified talent for their contract and permanent recruitment needs as well as project consulting.
In the 1940s, Robert Half was working as a hiring manager for the accounting department of a large textile company when he discovered the personnel industry lacked a firm that specialized in his chosen field.
He saw a business opportunity and opened the Robert Half Staffing Agency in New York City in March 1948.
Important stations and awards:
- 1948: Robert Half is founded as the first specialized recruitment services provider in the finance and accounting sector.
- 1986: The company's founder is selling his company to a group of investors, including Harold M. 'Max' Messmer Jr. who will serve as chairman and CEO for 34 years.
- 2000: Robert Half becomes the first recruitment services company to be listed in the S&P 500 Index published by Standard & Poor's.
- 2008: Institutional Investor magazine again selects CEO Max Messmer as one of the best CEOs in America
- 2017: Robert Half's revenue is $5.3 billion (1986: $7 million).
- 2017: Net income is $290.6 million.
- 2017: Robert Half (including Protiviti) now has more than 400 locations worldwide in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, Asia and the United Arab Emirates, with more than 16,400 employees.
- 2018: In its 70th anniversary year, Robert Half is listed as a "World's Most Admired Companies" in FORTUNE® Magazine for the 20th consecutive year.
- 2020: Keith Waddell becomes president and CEO at Robert Half.
- 2021: Robert Half was again included in FORTUNE's list of "World's Most Admired Companies®" and remains the top-ranked staffing firm.
- 2021: For the third time, Robert Half was selected for the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for our commitment to advancing equality, creating opportunities for women to succeed and fostering a culture of diversity.
Corporate philosophy - values we are proud of
Diversity and inclusion are important elements of our corporate culture, which is characterized by one basic idea: „Ethics first!“ Ethical action is always our top priority. Whether it's an HR expert looking for personnel or an applicant looking to find a job: Our corporate philosophy creates the necessary trust on all sides to be successful in the long term.
Our cooperation with clients, candidates, business partners and employees is characterized by:
Work happy - Building a happier workplace, one job at a time
At Robert Half, we understand the importance of employee happiness to your organization. Higher levels of employee engagement lead to greater productivity. And workers who feel valued are motivated to make real, tangible contributions to the company.
The time has come for us to find professionals and executives for you - permanent, temporary or project-based - who are happy to work, fit in with your company and help make it more successful. If you're a candidate looking for a new job, we'll help you find a company that's just right for you.
Find out more >
Various awards confirm that "work happy" is not just an empty phrase for us:
- 2018: Robert Half in Switzerland receives the "Top Company" and "Open Company" award from Kununu.
- 2018: FOCUS magazine has named Robert Half a TOP personnel service provider - in four categories: Executive Search, Professional Search, Temporary Staffing as well as Freelancer Placement.
- 2020: Robert Half is awarded as "Best Recruiters 2020" by Handelszeitung, Le Temps and Statista - in the categories: Temporary Work, Professional Search and Executive Search.
- 2021: Robert Half is again awarded as "Best Recruiters 2021" by the Handelszeitung, Le Temps and Statista in the categories: Temporary Work, Professional Search and Executive Search.
Social commitment – we take responsibility
Passion for people is both the driving force and guiding principle for Robert Half. Our commitment goes far beyond our business activities. It is part of our corporate culture: We take on social responsibility and actively support other people. Every year, our employees take part in numerous charity projects and do volunteer work - from charity dragon boat races to charity runs. In this way, we sustainably support the community in which we live and work in.
Diversity - Our commitment to diversity
Founded in New York with locations on five continents, we understand the importance of bringing together different personal backgrounds, life experiences and cultures. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our corporate culture. Our goal is to create a work environment that supports the success of all employees - and to provide a diverse applicant pool. Addressing diversity and inclusion helps us better meet the needs of jobseekers and companies.
We have a long tradition of commitment to diversity and inclusion. Even the company's founder, Robert Half, advocated for positive change in human resources more than 70 years ago and was committed to opposing discriminatory hiring policies. Among other things, he was instrumental in getting gender-segregated job listings to disappear from major newspapers.