About the company
Robert Half (NYSE designation: RHI) is the world's leading and largest specialized recruitment services company for specialists and managers. The corporate group includes Protiviti, one of the leading enterprises for internal auditing and company-wide risk management.
Facts and dates
- 1948: Robert Half is founded as the first specialized recruitment services provider in the finance and accounting sectors.
- 1986: Founder Robert Half sells its company to a group of investors including Harold M. (Max) Messmer Jr, who still heads the company as Chairman and CEO.
- 2008: Robert Half celebrates its 60th anniversary.
- 2014: Robert Half achieves a turnover of USD 4.695 billion (1986: USD 7 million).
- 2014: Net profit is USD 305.9 million.
- 2016: Robert Half is now present in more than 400 locations worldwide in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, Asia, and the United Arab Emirates, with more than 16,100 employees.
In the 1940s, Robert Half was working as a hiring manager for the accounting department of a large textile company when he discovered the personnel industry lacked a firm that specialized in his chosen field. He saw a business opportunity and opened the Robert Half Personnel Agency in New York City in March 1948.
- 2000: Robert Half becomes the first recruitment services company to be listed in the S&P 500 Index published by Standard & Poor's.
- 2008: For the seventh time in a row, Robert Half is noted in January 2008 in the Forbes Platinum 400 list of the best large American companies and is rated as one of the best service providers in terms of investment yield and growth.
- 2008: Institutional Investor magazine again names CEO Max Messmer as one of the best CEOs in America.
- 2017: Robert Half is named again as "World's Most Admired Companies" in FORTUNE® magazine (19th times).
The corporate group encompasses the following business areas:
- Robert Half Finance & Accounting: Recruitment of qualified specialists and managers in finance and accounting for permanent and fixed-term employment.
- Robert Half Management Resources: Recruitment of specialists in finance and accounting on a project basis (interim management).
- Robert Half Financial Services: Recruitment of specialists and managers in banking, insurance and financial services for permanent and fixed-term employment.
- Robert Half Technology: Recruitment of qualified IT specialists for permanent employment and on a project basis.
- OfficeTeam: Recruitment of qualified office and management assistants for fixed-term employment.
Business areas outside Switzerland:
- Protiviti: Consulting services for internal auditing and company-wide risk management.
- Robert Half Legal: Recruitment of legal advisers and personnel for legal offices on a project basis, for fixed-term employment, and for permanent employment.
- The Creative Group: Recruitment of creative personnel and specialists for advertising, marketing and web design.
Ethical conduct is our highest priority. Our collaboration with our clients, candidates, business partners and employees is accordingly characterized by:
- Integrity, and
We are proud of these values.
In our view, our responsibility extends beyond fostering the development of our clients and candidates. As a company, we also desire to assume responsibility in the social realm. For this reason, we have made a commitment to support the SOS Children's Villages project. Our aim with this commitment is to give socially disadvantaged children and young people better opportunities and perspectives.
In our view, our responsibility extends beyond fostering the development of our clients and candidates.
- As a company, we also desire to assume responsibility in the social realm. For this reason, we have made a commitment to support the SOS Children's Villages project. Our aim with this commitment is to give socially disadvantaged children and young people better opportunities and perspectives.