(Senior) Accountant (f/m) 100%
August 31, 2018
Finanz- & Rechnungswesen
Our client is a fast growing trading commodities company specialized in in Metal and Copper row material trading. Headquartered in Zug area and in order to reinforce their Finance Team, we are currently looking for a (Senior) Accountant (f/m) 100%.
The Accountant is responsible for maintaining accurate books and records of different Group Companies in accordance with the Company's Policy & Procedures and accounting standards (OR). This position works closely with the entire accounting team within headquarter and their subsidiaries.
This opportunity will appeal to someone who thrives in the fast paced, growing company and enjoys the challenges of developing new accounting processes in the current implementation phase of a new trading and accounting system. As the organization grows, so will the demands of the position. The ideal candidate is a hands-on strategic individual who is happy to roll-up their sleeves and move between responsibility levels. They must be able to work well independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ensure that all trade related transactions are accounted for in accordance with the accounting standard (OR)
- Responsible for certain aspects of the month-end close process including journal entry preparations (e.g. commodity valuation, accruals, prepaid and reclassification, etc.) balance sheet accounts and analytics.
- Responsible for revenue recognition and COGS postings
- Responsible for inventory valuation of several commodities
- Responsible for recording and reconciliation of inventory financing transactions
- Contact person for audits
- Special projects as requested
Your Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 4-6 years of progressive general accounting experience
- Trade accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of OR (Swiss Code of Obligation)
- Strong business acumen and logical problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office applications and with advanced level Excel
- Strong proven track record in general accounting
Are you interested in this position?
Please apply online giving the reference number 06680-0010543107 in your application. If you need any further information on this role, please contact Mr. Aurélien Guimiot from Robert Half Finance & Accounting.