Cloud Operations Engineer (f/m)
Veröffentlicht am : 03. Mai 2017
Beschäftigungsart : Festvermittlung
Referenznummer : 9260134
Geschäftsbereich : IT-Bereich
Beschreibung :Our client is looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer (f/m) to deploy, operate, manage, and scale applications for worldwide audiences based on modern micro service architectures. Alongside from the operational aspect, the Cloud Operations Engineer will introduce, ensure and maintain operational excellence based on industry best practices.
You have a passion for and proven experience in continuous deployment of code to services running on Amazon's Web Services (AWS) as well as the provisioning, management, operations, analysis and monitoring of those services.
- Work with the team on architecting and designing products with excellent operational, security principles and cost effectiveness.
- Provision, configure and manage scalable online resources and implement infrastructure as code strategies.
- Design, implement and operate continuous deployment pipelines for full stack solutions based on technologies like ECS, Openshift and
- Docker Swarm.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of cloud operational procedures and policies.
- Ensure best security practices are followed, enforced and challenged.
- Design, implement and enforce policies on redundancy, failover and disaster recovery.
- Design, implement and operate reporting, monitoring, notification and alerting systems.
- Monitor running costs and strategize on their optimization.
Your Qualification and Skills
- Sc. in computer sciences.
- 2+ years software development experience using enterprise level programming languages.
- Experience operating high availability or high traffic infrastructure production systems on AWS.
- 4+ years documented hands-on experience managing AWS infrastructure and services via CLI and API scripting.
- 4+ years' experience developing and implementing monitoring and profiling infrastructure, as well as alerting and escalation procedures.
- Experience managing AWS infrastructure as code.
- Experience managing and orchestrating container based environments on AWS using technology such as Kubernetes, Mesosphere,
- RedHat Openshift or Docker Swarm.
- Experience in real-time scalability and highly available solutions using AWS's networking components.
- AWS Certification such as Certified Solutions Architect, Certified DevOps Engineer or Certified SysOps Administrator.
- Familiarity with configuration management and automation platforms such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- A good understanding and appreciation of the agile software development process.
- Ability to work to a sprint plan, track progress, identify risks and anticipate delays.
- Good communication skills in English (and ideally in German).
- Strong attention to detail paired with the right amount of pragmatism and flexibility.
- Team player with the ability to both articulate thoughts and opinions and listen.
- Great sense of humour.
Are you interested in this position?
Please apply online giving the reference number 9260134 in your application. If you need any further information on this role, please contact Matthew Katai from Robert Half Technology.