System Engineer (100%) (f/m)
January 10, 2018
For our client, an international and unique biopharmaceutical company in Basel, we are looking for a System Engineer (100%) (f/m).
My client is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to serve as an Systems Engineer in our Basel office. This person will assist the Infrastructure team in initiatives including cloud architecture, security, systems engineering, as well as user support. Responsibilities include managing on premise and cloud infrastructure, managing vendors and consultants, managing hosted solutions and managed services. The ideal candidate is very hands on, very technical, can work on infrastructure engineering projects, and can roll up their sleeves to support end users when required. They are a jack of all trades and have previously worn many hats (server management, user support, cloud management, storage management, network management, etc). Someone who comes from a very large company will not likely be as well rounded as we are looking for as they are typically siloed and focus on a specific technology. Other responsibilities include receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Candidates for this position must have strong customer service and communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent organizational skills are a must for this fast paced, high visibility position
Strategy & Planning:
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services
Your Qualification and Skills
Formal Education & Certification:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Information Technology and 2 or more years' as a systems engineer or equivalent
- Certifications are preferred
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of windows Server operating systems
- Knowledge of cloud architecture
- Understanding of how to design scalable architecture
- Understanding of information security principles
- Experience with Single Sign on such as Okta
- Experience with two-factor authentication systems
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10 and Server 2012+
- Applications: Office 365 expertise, Active Directory, ability to learn new applications quickly
- Basic networking skills including TCP/IP and the ability to configure network printers
- Web conference software expertise: Skype, Zoom
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Fluent English and good German
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience providing white-glove support
- 40-hour on-site work week
- Available nights and weekends for oncall rotations
- Travel 10% to other offices when required
Are you interested in this position?
Please apply online giving the reference number 10249882 in your application. If you need any further information on this role, please contact Elvis Kuzmanovic from Robert Half Technology.