Service Desk Technician (100%) (f/m)
January 10, 2018
For our client, an international and unique biopharmaceutical company in Basel, we are looking for a Service Desk Technician (100%) (f/m).
My client is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to serve as a Service Desk Technician in the Basel office, with responsibilities including daily IT and facilities support. The Service Desk Technician's role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Candidates for this position must have strong customer service and communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent organizational skills are a must for this fast paced, high visibility position.
Strategy & Planning:
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via telephone, e-mail, and in person, to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the Head of
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations
Facilities Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for vendor management and office service vendors
- Maintain, cultivate, and solidify relationships with vendors, building managers, building owners, and neighboring companies
- Work with Global Head of Facilities to manage spending
- Manage all maintenance service requests and ensure tasks are completed in a timely fashion by assessing issues and determining whether or not to involve building staff or vendor support
- Troubleshoot any facility problems immediately, and once resolved, prepare and implement action plan to address the root cause of the problem
Your Qualification and Skills
Formal Education & Certification:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Information Technology and Three (3) or more years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications are preferred
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including HP/Lenovo Laptops and docking stations.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10 and Server 2012+
- Applications: Office 365 expertise, Active Directory, ability to learn new applications quickly
- Experience with Kace, Carbon Black, and Service Now is a plus
- Experience with desktop imaging with MDT is a plus
- Microsoft Office 2010 onward and common desktop applications
- Remote control tools such as RDP, Bomgar
- Basic networking skills including TCP/IP and the ability to configure network printers
- Web conference software expertise: Skype, Zoom
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Fluent English and good German
- 40-hour on-site work week
- Available nights and weekends for oncall rotations
- Travel 10% to other offices when required
Are you interested in this position?
Please apply online giving the reference number 10249803 in your application. If you need any further information on this role, please contact Elvis Kuzmanovic from Robert Half Technology.